How to Crochet a Free Face Scrubbies Crochet Pattern
Coral Blossoms Face Scrubbies
Free Crochet Pattern
One of my most favorite crocheted items to use daily are face scrubbies or face pads made using 100% cotton. I have several that I first made a few years ago, this set here, and I still use them to this day. But, I wanted to make some more prettier ones with some texture to them. That’s how the Coral Blossoms Face Scrubbies came about. Honestly, the color of the yarn, which is Coral, gave me the inspiration for the design, name, and texture. They do look like corals in the sea or even sand dollars, just a little bit.
What do you think about face scrubbies? Have you used and do you like them? I like that they can be tossed in the wash easily with your regular washing; no special treatment needed. I like that these face scrubbies work up super quickly and can be made while watching your favorite tv show (Heartland, When Calls the Heart, Brooklyn 99, Manifest, Amsterdam… just to name a few of my favorites), and these can also be great craft show items or even sold in local artisan type shops.
Same DiNamics Crochet is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for this site to earn advertising fees, at no extra cost to you, by advertising and linking to affiliate programs.
- Yarn: Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie, #4, worsted weight, 153 yards, 100% cotton. Color Coral, 1 skein used
- Hook: H/5mm Odyssey
- Notions: Stitch Marker. Needle for weaving in ends.
- Approximately 3.75″
- One skein will yield about 8-10 face scrubbies
- Experienced Beginner
- Ch1 does not equal a stitch. The first stitch(es), after the ch1, will be placed in the same stitch as the ch1.
- Round 3 requires turning; please pay attention to the instructions.
- Final stitch count of each round will be in <> brackets
- The 4dc Bobble Stitch is written as Bobble Stitch.
- Side Note on the Bobble Stitch: If you are comfortable using a 5dc Bobble Stitch and want to use that, you can. All that will happen is your Bobble Stitch will be fuller in size but it won’t change the stitch count of the pattern.
Coral Blossom Face Scrubbies
Round 1: In MC, ch1, 8hdc, join. <8sts>
Round 2: Ch1, 2hdc in ea st around, join, turn. <16sts>
Round 3: Ch1, 2sc in the same st, Bobble St in the next st, [2sc in the next st, Bobble St in the next st] 7x, join, turn. <16sc, 8 Bobble Sts>
Round 4: Ch1, 2hdc in the same st, 1hdc in the next 2 sts, [2hdc in the next st, 1hdc in the next 2sts] 7x, join. <32sts>
Round 5: Ch1, working in the BLO of ea st around, 2hdc in the same st, 1hdc in the next 3sts, [2hdc in the next st, 1hdc in the next 3 sts] 7x, DO NOT join. <40 sts>
Round 6: Working in the BLO and without chaining up, place 1 sl st in ea st around. <40 sts>
Fasten off and weave in ends.
What do you think? Did they work up quickly and easily for you? I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Much Love and Happy Hooking!
Join the Same DiNamics Crocheters group to stay up to date with SDC!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Google+ Collections, Pinterest, Twitter, Ravelry, and Facebook.
Register for my monthly (give or take) newsletter, too!