Ocean Fans Soap Pouch/Saver
This Ocean Fans Soap Pouch works as a great soap pouch for washing. The 100% cotton yarn used is perfect for using with water. This Ocean Fans Soap Pouch also serves as a soap saver for those little slivers of soaps that are often left over.
This Ocean Fans Soap Pouch/Saver is part of the Spa Basket Crochet Along! This event will run from 8/30/16 through 12/7/16, and features 12 patterns from 12 amazing designers. The patterns will combine to make a lovely spa basket, perfect for gifting. All the patterns will be made in worsted weight, cotton yarn. We also have some wonderful prizes – scroll down for information on how to enter the giveaway. Our prize sponsors all sell a variety of items that would make great additions to your basket, so be sure to check them out!
- Yarn – WeCrochet Dishie Multi, 100% Cotton Yarn, #4, worsted weight
- Hook – H/5mm Furls Odyssey
- Needle for weaving in ends
- Stitch Markers
6” L x 4” W
Not important for this project
Ch – chain; st(s) – stitch(es); sk – skip; sp(s) – space(s); sc – single crochet; hdc – half double crochet; dc – double crochet
Fan – 5dc in the same stitch
- Use stitch markers to mark loops to help guide you.
- Ch1 does not equal a st
- Ch2 does not equal a st
- Rounds 1 – 3 are worked in continuous rows. Join at the end of row 3. Use stitch markers to mark your rows.
Round 1: 2 sc in second ch from hook, 1 sc in the next 10 sts, 2 sc in the last ch <14 sc>. Without turning, and now working on the other side of the chain, place 2 sc on the same st as previous side, 1 sc in the next 10 sts, 2 sc in the last st. <14 sc> Tip: Use stitch markers to mark the beginning and ending loops of the other side of the chain so that you can find them easily.
Round 2: 1sc in the same st and in ea st around join <28 sc>
Round 3: ch1, 1sc in the same st and in ea st around, join. <28 sc>
Round 4: ch2, 1dc in the same st and next 2sts, [sk 2 sts, fan in next, sk 2 sts, 1 dc in the next 2 sts] 3x, sk 2 sts, fan in next sts, join. <9 dc, 4 fans>
Round 5: ch2, 1 dc in the same st, [fan in between the next 2dc sts, sk 2 dc, 1 dc in space before and after center dc st of fan, sk 2 dc] 4x, join. <4 fans, 9 dc>
Round 6: ch2, 1dc in the same st, [sk 2 dc, 1 dc in space before and after center dc st of fan, sk 2 dc, fan in between the next 2dc sts] 4x, join.
Rounds 7 – 13: repeat rounds 5 & 6, ending on a row 5, join.
Round 14: ch1, 1 hdc in the same st, and in ea st around, join <29 hdc> Note: You will have an extra stitch here.
Round 15: ch1, 1 hdc in the same st, [ch2, sk2 sts, 1 hdc in the next 2 sts] 7x, join <15 hdc, 7 ch-2 sps>
Round 16: ch1, 1 hdc in the same st, [Fan in the ch-2 sp, 1 hdc in the next 2 sts] 7x, join <7 Fans, 15 hdc>
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Finishing – Drawstring:
Ch 60, cut off yarn.
Weave chain through holes from one end all the way around. Tie off chain once weaved through. You can make your chain longer or shorter by chaining more or less.
Follow along with the #SpaBasketCAL and these fantastic designers!
- 9/7/2016, Jessie At Home – Spa Basket
- 9/14/2016, Kaleidoscope ArtNGifts – Ridges & Bobbles Backscrubber Strap
- 9/21/2016, Busting Stitches – Bath Mitt & Scrubby
- 9/28/2016, The Stitchin’ Mommy – Nubby Scrubbies and Scrub Recipe
- 10/5/2016, Stiches N’ Scraps – Contoured Eye Mask
- 10/12/2016, Tunisian Crochet Chick – Dry Rub Exfoliating Spa Cloth
- 10/19/2016, Same DiNamics Crochet – Ocean Fans Soap Pouch/Saver (You are here. 🙂 )
- 10/26/2016, Pattern Paradise
- 11/2/2016, Crochet Memories
- 11/9/2016, American Crochet
- 11/16, Underground Crafter
- 11/23/2016, Simply Collectible