Winter Lilac Cowl
A Free Pattern Contribution to Cre8tion Crochet
This Winter Lilac Cowl, aptly named because of the color of the project, is a quick and easy cowl that can be worked up is one sitting. The cowl is tall and short making it great for bundling with a coat to guard against the Fall and Winter chill. This cowl can also make a great present when you need one at the lat minute.
Pattern Testers Thank You
- Margaret of Blitzing Cazza’s Crafty Creations
Affliliate Disclaimer: Same DiNamics Crochet is a participant in the KnitPicks Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to knitpicks.com.
- Yarn – KnitPicks Wool of the Andes, (affiliate link) #5, Bulky, 137 yards (2)
- Hook – K/6.5mm hook
- Notions – needle for weaving in ends; buttons for accent
16.5” L x 10.5” H
10 hdc rows x 11 hdc stitches = 4”
Ch – chain; st(s) – stitch(es); ea – each; blo – back loop only; sc – single crochet; hdc – half double crochet; sl st – slip stitch; FHDC – foundation half double crochet
FHDC – See Moogly blog tutorial here.
- Ch1 does not equal a stitch. Place your first stitch of each round in the same st and through both loops.
- You can make your cowl longer by crocheting a longer FHDC. You can also make it taller or shorter by repeating the pattern row however many times you desire.
- To make your “V” stand out more, change colors at the beginning of each sl st row, which is row 2.
Row 1: FHDC – 100, join.
Row 2: ch1, 1 sl st in the same st, (mark this st for easy recognition), 1 sl st in ea st around, join. <100 sl sts>
Row 3: ch1, 1 hdc in the same st, 1 hdc in the middle loop (loop between sl st and hdc of previous row, see tutorial pics) of each st around, join. <100 hdc>
Row 4: ch1, 1 hdc in the same st and in ea st around, join. <100 hdc>
Row 5 – 28: repeat rows 2-4
Note: You can make your cowl shorter or taller by repeating rows 2-4 and always ending on a row 4.
Row 29: ch1, 1 sc in the same st, 1 sc in the blo of ea st around, join. <100 sc>
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Picture Tutorial of where to place your hdc from Row 3.